Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Marble Falls Drag Boats 2011

It's that time of year again, when Alan and I head north to Marble Falls, about an hour and a half's drive away, for the Lucas Oil Drag Boat Racing Series. They're fast! They're loud! They're cool!

Drag boats come in several classes, from Personal Watercraft (jetskis etc) through River Racer, Top Eliminator, Top Alcohol and Top Fuel Hydro, as well as some others. Top Fuel Hydro are the big boys, with heavily sponsored and well equipped teams, and boats that will run a quarter mile in well under four seconds.





This guy just popped in for a look, and to practise some water landings further upriver.






I think these four are all Pro Mod class.








I didn't take as many pictures as I have done in the past, this year. I wanted to try something different... so I concentrated more on video this time round, in order to try and capture the action. The results of this can be seen in the video below... watch it in HD for best viewing (you might need to click here, then click the resolution choice on the YouTube screen)

No comments: